Rebecca Rosenblum is a writer and editor living in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She grew up in a small town near Hamilton, Ontario. She holds an Honours English degree from McGill, a publishing certificate from Ryerson, and a masters of English and creative writing from University of Toronto. She works in publishing during the day, writes short stories evenings and weekends, and…that’s pretty much it. She spends her remaining time on the bus or asleep or both.
Rebecca’s short fiction has been short-listed for the Journey Prize, the National Magazine Award, and the Danuta Gleed Award, longlisted for the Relit Award, and she was herself a juror for the Journey Prize 21. Her work has been seen in Exile Quarterly, The Antigonish Review, The New Quarterly, Journey Prize Stories 19, Maisonnueve, Coming Attractions, and Best Canadian Stories.
Her first collection of stories, Once, won the Metcalf-Rooke Award and was one of Quill and Quire’s 15 Books That Mattered in 2008. The Maclean’s blog called Rebecca “Canlit Rookie of the Year” in 2008. Her second collection, The Big Dream, was published by Biblioasis in September 2011. A novel comprised of stories called So Much Love is forthcoming from McClelland & Stewart in 2016.
Rebecca’s agent is the wonderful Samantha Haywood at The Transatlantic Literary Agency. If you would like to know more about Rebecca, please read/listen to/watch some of the fun interviews and profiles below.
- Interview with Koom Kaneksan for Open Book
- Interview with Kerry Clare for University of Toronto Magazine
- Interview with Danila Botha at Open Book
- Blog post On Confidence at Ego Burn
- Memoir “Face Value” in Toronto Life
- Mini-essay on Vancouver International Writers’ Fest blog
- Interview on The Toronto Review of Books blog
- Guest Blog Post on “My Seven Treasures” on Allyson Latta’s blog
- Interview with Ariel Gordon in the Winnipeg Free Press
- Interview with Julie Wilson in the Afterword (National Post)
- Video Interview on video on Today’s Windsor
- WOSS Profile in*The Lance*
- Interview on Open Book Toronto
- Interview with Michael Bryson on The Danforth Review
- Interview with Mark Sampson and Julie Wilson on Canadian Bookshelf
- One question interview on BoydBlog
- Interview with the Santa Fe Writers’ Project
- Interview on That Shakespearian Rag
- Interview with Open Bar Toronto (slideshow with audio)
- 19 Questions with Rob McLennan
- Interview in The Danforth Review
- Desk Profile on Desk Space
- Interview with Kerry Clare on Pickle Me This
- Profile in the Canadian Jewish News